wheat free update - my skin rocks

Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 | Posted by Cate Connors |

So based on a combination of factors ranging from my boy's quiet but very consistent urging, research on rheumatoid arthritis (which I have) and paleo reading, I've cut wheat out of my diet for the last three weeks.  There have been a few small bumps here and there but I've been pretty damned consistent with it.

Two weeks in, the very red-flush and bumps (as the scientists would say, keratosis pilaris) which has been on the sides of my face and upper arms my whole life started to disappear. It's now almost completely gone from my face - I wake up without any redness and the skin is now almost 100% smooth. Although my arms look the same (er, ew, kind of like this) and the redness hasn't disappeared, the skin is lots smoother and the bumpiness is really reduced.

A post on gluten and how this once-skeptic decided to cut it out of her diet is due soon, but just a nice little update. Red-free skin is awesome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment