Week 5. Day 1. March 2010

Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 | Posted by Cate Connors | Labels: ,

Brilliant. We're into the second month.  The major goals for this month are consistency three times per week at crossfit plus excellent food during the week and only a smallish cheat or two during the weekend. I continue to reserve the right to one night of drinking per week but need to keep it to one, and hopefully some weeks without.

Crossfit was wicked this morning. I was dreading it a little -- knowing I'd feel great when I got out but feeling out of shape and a bit intimidated by the idea of working hard this morning. When the alarm went off a bit before 6am this morning there was a wee bit of me that thought about how nice it would be to simply pretend I'd messed up my alarm and go back to sleep.  Laying there, I thought a) you've felt like crap the last few days, and if you go you'll feel awesome, b) you've eaten badly the last few days and if you go you'll eat well, and c) you're dreading your work day and if you go you'll have energy and motivation for it.

What a freaking difference from the way I usually have to motivate myself to work out.  "Go and you'll feel awesome and be really productive"? Yeah, cool.

Warm ups 2X15 situps, pullups, ring dips (green band, I think), kettleball swings (16kg), pushups.
WOD: 10 rounds for time. 15 deadlifts, 15 pushups.  Time 21:20

Scaled to girl pushups and didn't make it even close to 15 in most of the rounds. half and half pushups and then girl pushups from rounds 5 on. 25kgs deadlifts, working on form. This is the first time I've had deadlifts in a workout. Being really careful about form and about keeping the lumbar curve as I could feel it in my back.

Major (if small and ridiculous) milestone: I got one 'real' pushup today! It's been a LONG time since I've been able to do that, if ever - I just get failure at the bottom.  Very cool.  Now to string a few more of those together. I can't wait to get off my knees.

0 comments:

Post a Comment