Week 2. Day 6-7. March 6-7 2010.

Posted: Monday, March 8, 2010 | Posted by Cate Connors | Labels:

I decided when I started the Foundations classes that during those first two weeks I'd try to eat cleaner than usual but not get too intense on macro monitoring or dropping calories. I particularly didn't want to drop calories while getting my first workouts in as being hypocaloric and picking up heavy things are both stressors, and I didn't want to introduce both at once.

This is of course all preamble to say that I didn't eat well this weekend, knowing it was my last weekend before I start watching cals and making a transition to higher protein and veggie carb foods, in a bit of a modified paleo. At the moment, I'm not going to go full-tilt paleo. I will drop dairy, grains (especially wheat/gluten), salty things, alcohol, and sugar -- although I expect that severely limiting rather than completely cutting out sugar and alcohol will be more successful strategies for me.  But I'm likely to keep eating beans/chickpeas/lentils for a bit and occasionally pull from the grain category in the rice and quinoa columns.  At least for a bit.  Going higher protein and wheat free is going to be the biggest hurdle for me and where I'm putting my transformational energy. I think I can spare a few carbs in moderation.

Weekend. Saturday a lovely morning breakfast with Wonder and his sister, a bit of cheese and oat biscuits for lunch (goodbye cheese! I made sure to get you in) and beer, dinner with around seven friends at ours with quinoa and beef tagine.  Sunday, oh Sunday, I don't really remember.  Mostly an easy day at home with a long walk in the middle and a movie in the evening -- went 3D and saw Alice in Wonderland. It was... all right.  Purty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment