100 day burpee challenge.

Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 | Posted by Cate Connors | Labels:

Burpees are far and away the hardest thing for me in crossfit. Doing six or seven is hard.  Doing 60 between two people at last Friday's workout was only possible because my partner was fit as fuck - I think I did about 15 total over too many minutes.  My aerobic conditioning blows, but the thing that really kills me is kicking my legs back to start the movement. I just don't have that strength, can't get my leg out at all. Throw in the normal pushups on the way down, girl pushups on the way up and you have one ugly, messed up burpee.

So then I see the 100 day burpee challenge. You know, do 1 on day 1, 2 on day 2, 27 on day 27, all the way to 100. I need it. I think I'd really, really hate it. So yeah, might have to do it.

Today's day 1. Day 1 is easy!
Wish me luck.

Here's The Rules according to CrossFit Santa Barbara:
1. Use Burgener's burpee standards for form (see examples below)
2. You can complete each day's burpees all at once, or broken up and done at different times throughout the day
3. If for some reason you miss a day, you have to make up all the missed burpees the following day
4. If you don't start the challenge with us today, you can "buy-in" at any time by doing ALL the missed day's burpees on your first day
5. Any burpees you complete during your regular workout can count towards that day’s Challenge burpees, if you want them to
5. Have fun doing burpees and getting stronger doing it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment