Week 3. Day 1. March 8 2010.

Posted: Monday, March 8, 2010 | Posted by Cate Connors | Labels:

Phew. I talked to Wonder over the weekend about planning the transition from the foundations courses to 'real' crossfit this week, and was trying to figure out whether to continue with evening workouts (which effectively knocks a lot of our time out together three nights a week), lunchtime workouts (which I've never been very good at in terms of consistency) or morning workouts (which I've never done in my life because I like sleep). I was edging towards morning workouts but wondering if the boy might not like being woken up by my alarm a full hour and a half earlier than he needs to get ready, but the first thing out of his mouth was -- 'Great, morning it is then, right? Seems to make the most sense.'  

And, we're off. Today was the first morning workout of my life, and my first 'real' crossfit workout. Got asleep by not too far past 10pm, earlier than pretty much any non-ille evening of my adult life, and woke up at 5:50 ten minutes before the alarm went off feeling awesome.

I just barely made it to class on time, but arrived with some fruit and water inside me and ready to go. In girlcramp season and the sprints knocked me on my ass -- clenched up, lightheaded, etc. It took a while to wear off. Who knew a total of a minute and a half of running could absolutely kick your ass so well. For a minute I thought I'd have to throw in the towel for the rest of the workout, but it eventually burned off and the rest went well.


SLEEP: 7.5hours
HEALTH: girlcramps, arms a bit sore, headache from noon onwards?
MOOD: sky high
ENERGY: bit of fatigue (not enough food before workout, first early rise, girlcramps)
STRESS: very stressful day at work, dreading on sunday night, but workout killed the stress and it's now just a to-do list.


WOD
Warmup- 2 sets of 10 
pullups; situps; squats; pressups (scaled to 4 real down girl up and rest girl)

Speed 3x200m sprints
28seconds; 32 seconds; 36 seconds

WOD 3x4minutes
3 clapping pushups (scaled to girl pushups); 4 boxjumps; 100m sprint; 6 kb (scaled to cleans with 15 bar instead)
Got in 2 rounds, 2.5 rounds, 2 rounds.

FOOD (abt 1350 cals)
fruit salad; bit of fish sushi; apples x 2; chicken, prawns, edamame and rice noodle salad; brazil nuts; cauliflower, fennel, broad bean, chickpea and chicken salad.




0 comments:

Post a Comment