Week 3. Day 6-7. March 2010.

Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2010 | Posted by Cate Connors | Labels:

Saturday was nice and quiet. Brunch of fish, salad and black lentils with Wonder's family.  I had planned this as a cheat meal but we ended up making something healthy and small portioned instead of a big roast. And then a nice long walk. I took my cheat meal later in the day and had pizza and 1/4 a tub of ice cream for dinner...!  I'm sending Wonder off to a party and I'm working on job applications this evening with You've Been Framed on the telly. I forsee a few more quiet evenings in my future until I get another job - I don't have cash to go out right now. The good news is (cheat meals aside) it's good for my eating.

Also, Whee! Scale at 136.8 this morning, what what? And the bodyfat at 28.1. Obviously I haven't lost bodyfat overnight, but still in firm yey territory. I don't trust the bodyfat monitor yet, but hopefully it just keeps trending downwards and then it doesn't really matter what the numbers are.

I used the scale at my old gym on Friday and it clocked me in at 132, clothed. I think home scale is right; gym scale didn't do me any favors by underestimating my weight and when I look at pictures from last year about this time I don't think I was actually at 130 like it said!   :)

Application time.
---------
Sunday. Big walk, favorite eggs breakfast at our local cafe, more walking. We were walking down the street and Wonder and I found a massive beautiful square of wood just the right size for a table. Big, heavy, and beautiful hard dark brown/cherry wood.  After a bit of debate about whether to rent a streetcar to drag it home, we hefted if up between the two of us and just walked it back. About a mile of hauling, good stuff.

I puttered around in the evening and worked on a job application for Favorite Job, which goes in tomorrow.  Meanwhile Wonder tripped to the lumber yard, picked up some wood for table legs, got out the workbench and carpentered it all out. We now have a beautiful coffee table in our previously blank space in the living room. I love this man. I love my table.

In other news, I made quinoa, tomatoes and spinach for dinner and regretted it. I hadn't planned far enough ahead to have any meat in the house and although my first priority for the rest of March is to eat wheat-free and dairy free, I'd really like to keep the grains out of there too. Blergh. Lessons learned. It's nice to relax a bit on food on the weekend and have a cheat meal now and again and everything, but I'm feeling heavier and a bit gross even from these relatively modest deviations. Looking forward to hitting the box tomorrow and eating clean.

0 comments:

Post a Comment