Week 2. Day 4. March 4 2010

Posted: Friday, March 5, 2010 | Posted by Cate Connors | Labels:

A good day of reading and quiet but no physical activity. Still felt funny in the morning. If I wasn't 100% sure I'm not pregnant, I'd be preparing the baby room.  However, I seem to just be a victim of drive by GI distress. This isn't usual for me, and I'm ready for it to end.

After work I hooked over the library for some research on nutrition, wheat free, inflammation, all the rest.  Let me impart this lesson: thou neglect public library riches at great and present peril.  I've not really been to a public library since I was a teenager, but have just rediscovered it since moving into my new house, where it's literally on the way to work.  Last week they served me Ben Goldacre's Bad Science, Knut Hamsen's Hunger, a load of zombie comics, Angela Carter, a book on the underperformance of Carribean kids in UK schools, and some nutrition books. Oh! And DVDs of 28 Days Later and Children of Men, to fit the Winter 2010 Post-Apocolyptica theme.

The nutrition books ended up not being that great, so I went back yesterday and slammed through a cookbook called Gluten-Free Cooking, Say No to Arthritis, Patten's Eat to Beat Arthritis : Over 60 Recipes and a Self-treatment Plan to Transform Your Life, and Pigache's Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis.

I've been scouring the internet pretty well over the last few weeks for Arthritis/inflammation/gluten info, in part to figure out the science behind paleo, but I learned MUCH more in the three hours at the library than in my hours of net work.  Highly recommended. I think I'll put my findings in a separate RA update post as it helps me to have everything in one place.

No physical activity, count it, none.

Met a friend for lunch in an Italian restaurant that ONLY had pasta, very expensive meat dishes that were out of my wallet range for the day, and cheesy baked appetisers. A bit of a win/lose situation, but I ordered risotto with chicken and spinach, ate out all the chicken first, ate a bit of risotto and moved the rest away.  Best I could do. 

Food:
- sweet potato leftovers
- pine nuts
- risotto w/chicken and spinach
- glass of rose
- soba noodles and prawns

Good shit:
-learned loads, now committed to moving wheat free starting Monday and likely starting an elimination diet (no dairy, no grains, no nightshades), which might mean I end up paleo by default.
- drank lots of water.
- made the best decision with the situation at hand on lunch.
- slept like a freaking rock and feeling awesome, motivated and happy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment