Week 3. Day 2. March 9 2010.

Posted: Tuesday, March 9, 2010 | Posted by Cate Connors | Labels:

Crashed asleep last night at the late great hour of 9:45 with book in hand. A combination of having been up earlier than usual, of having my ass kicked by crossfit, being out in one of the coldest days of the year, and fighting off a cold. I went to sleep feeling heavy as a rock and with a sore throat. I woke up with sore throat and feeling massively groggy but by 8am it had burned off. Will take the lesson to go easy on myself today, but it looks like I'm dodging this one.

Update: Feeling worse, not better by later in the day. I'm thinking about tomorrow's morning crossfit and emailed Brian and asked whether with hints of a cold I ought to forgo a session, show up and massively scale down, or just show up and do my best. His reply: you've got plenty of time to get fit, don't make yourself sick. Get better and show up after.

Sigh. My immune system is a mess and leaves me pretty susceptible to respiratory illness. But Brian confirmed the 'safe voice' inside me, the one I'm supposed to be listening to while I start out and start rebuilding my health. So no workout tomorrow morning I don't think, although if I'm feeling up to it I'll try to make the evening session. If all else fails, there's Thursday, Friday, and Sat morning. I'd really like to get two more sessions in this week.

In bed by 9, watched a movie, asleep before 10. Poor Wonder is wondering where his girl went the last two nights.

FOOD (abt 1200 cals)
- leftover chicken, broad bean, cauliflower, chickpea, feta, fennel from last eve.
- blackberries
- more of the same chicken and cauliflower from last night.
- raisins
- turkey, carrots and broccoli
- LOADS of peppermint tea to soothe my throat.

SLEEP: 9 hours
HEALTH: big old sore throat, bit of chesty-ness.
MOOD: positive
ENERGY: definitely more tired than usual!
STRESS: low

0 comments:

Post a Comment