Week 1. Day 5. Feb 26 2010

Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 | Posted by Cate Connors | Labels:

Third crossfit day went great til we got to the WOD and I fell apart on energy.  We ran back through deadlifts, added sumo deadlifts, learned burpees.  I was feeling MUCH more confident on deadlift form which was a relief, despite not having practiced in the week.  Sumo deadlifts I'm a bit less settled on but will figure it out.

Warm ups - catch with 4kg and 10kg ball. 10 squats, 10 pullups, 10 deadlifts.
Running (was late, ran the last 1.5 miles to class!)
WOD - 10 deadlifts, 20 burpees, 3 sets for time.

I only got through about a set and a half because the burpees killed me - muscles just gave out. This was a big wakeup call for me on how out of shape I am and how much I partly just need some good old aerobic cardio conditioning.  In a week or so I'll try to add some running in on the off days to make up for it. This was just a mess.

Second round of burpees I pulled a muscle in the groin -- turned out it was fine, just 'tweaked.' My usual problem is to go balls to the wall before my muscles are ready.  So when I felt it go ping on a burpee, decided to just chill out. Brian showed me a few stretches to do and that helped it get better, stayed for a bit and then got home to S.

Made some monster salad. Didn't fitday (I don't think I will on the weekends for the moment, often not on the computer) but had yogurt for breakfast, tuna and veggies for lunch, and monster salad with quinoa, broccoli, carrots, avocado, linseeds, other seed I've forgotten, and tahini dressing. Awesome stuff. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment