Week 1. Day 3. Wed 24 2010

Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2010 | Posted by Cate Connors | Labels:

Second time at crossfit, slightly less sparkly than the first as I was still massively sore from Monday's workout, shite at deadlifts, and generally a lot lower on confidence and energy. Still the right place for me for sure. I think I was partly affected by having a new kick ass girl join the group - crazy or not, think I got a bit intimidated. Got over it, and got through the workout --- the thighs even loosened up eventually.  Also, the workout was a big heads up about my really low strength levels and reminded me I'm starting from scratch here. Better to go a bit easier and take longer to work up than to overdo it and hurt myself, especially as I'm figuring out my limits.

Slept like the dead, woke next morning still fairly tired. Body getting used to being asked to actually do stuff again!

I win because:
Ate well-ish. Breakfast - yogurt and honey and fruit. Lunch - tuna and yogurt and a bit of curry paste. Snack. cabbage.  Fuckup - some banana bread at BIOS.  Dinner. tiny sushi, prawns and stir fry (abt 400 cals total on dinner). Daily Burn calculates at about 1400 which is fine, not great and will need to drop more, but will get there and trying not to make all the changes at once.

No booze!
Wanted and avoided: chocolate, sandwich, something sweet. At various points of the day.
Upped my water intake.
Woke up looking forward to crossfit.
Stayed to skip rope and burn some extra calories. Brian triedto show me how to do the double skips and I don't have anything close to the hang of it.
Got in extra walking (took bus to Regent Street and then walked to work from there. Added 25 minutes of walking to get to work then an extra 15 in the evening = at extra 40min from my usual routine.

WOD:
15 pullups w/bands
10 squats
5 pump push (black band)
Only got three rounds in, most of the time spent trying to get squat form right as I was so sore I was just toppling over. Ridiculous.

Need to:
Practice squat and deadlift form.
Come to class w/macros, micros, and food group you can live without. (I assume protein, fat, carbs; micros nutrients; bread/grains?)
----
update. Indeed, macronutrients are protein, carbs and fats. micronutrients are all the vitamins.

0 comments:

Post a Comment