Week 1. Day 1. Feb 22 2010

Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 | Posted by Cate Connors | Labels:

Day 1 at Crossfit. First impressions: this is exactly what I've been looking for.  Some advice and training to get the Olympic lifts in form, which is what I always missed when lifting on my own and got intimidated by lest I break my bones or head; community instead of slogging it out in the neighborhood or in a gym alone; fucking PUSH and running til you drop; a bit of industrial chic in place of purty lighting and shite music; bit of bare bones.

Brian was great, walked me and Adam through, the right mix of human and no-nonsense, and knowledgable. The number of times I've tried to go to gym trainers and gotten bullocks back from them, wasted time, wanted to hand them some training literature - what a change!

We trained on rings, squats, pushups... squat form is good but my right knee keeps kicking out on the way back up. Something to work on. All the rest fine. I am a weak motherfucker at the moment, can't wait to change that.

WOD:
run 200
15,12,9 rings, squats, pushups.
run 200

I finished a good five minutes behind Andre (who told me a bit about himself the first night, and who rocks) but I finished, and I know I'm only going to get better and faster and stronger. Am so excited and wish I'd started two months ago as planned, but I'm here now.

YEEEEEEEHHHHAAWW!

0 comments:

Post a Comment