June 16th

Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2010 | Posted by Cate Connors |

Yesterday was great. I love this shit.

Matt gave me loads of coaching pre-workout as I was needing help on both the strength section of the day and the WOD.

Warmup: 400m run and... some other stuff I've forgotten, will add.
Strength: Power cleans 5x3 - was supposed to be 40%, 50%, 60% of ORM but I was using this for form so just stuck with the green bar and at points some light weights.

WOD: 5RT
15 overhead squats - done with 10kg, usually only did about 7 per set. Thought it was more important to have SOME weight on it than to be doing it with a training bar as otherwise you don't really nail the form, but my wrists are still weak and they'd start to tweak out after about 7 reps. Brian showed me how to keep the wrists straight (like a vertical fist) rather than bend at the wrist and that helped enormously.
400m run

Time was ridiculous. Not really sure, either 17 or 23min. Have forgotten when I started. :) So be it. This one was for form.

I'm so grateful I've got a place to go that makes me feel amazing, where someone will spend forty-five minutes making me confident I'll get the form right and won't break myself so I can focus on doing more and getting stronger. That kind of support is incredible. Thanks Matt, thanks crossfit.

2 comments:

  1. Melinda said...
  2. What definitely helps you look great is your nutrition and eating habits. I have read an article recently, which stated the interview with Dr. Brian Wansink - one of the most renowned nutrition scientists. I have found a lot of interesting facts on how our eating habits are formed, and what we should do to improve them. Here is the article: militarygradenutritionals.com/blog/nutrition-in-sports/eat-with-your-stomach-not-your-brain-an-interview-with-dr-brian-wansink/

  3. Unknown said...
  4. Salut, Melinda! J'ai lu ces articles aussi! J’aime Military Grade, J'aime For Elite Champions! Bon en gout et efficace pour un bon entrainement. Bon accompagnement musculaire fatigue diminue meilleur récupération.tres bien pour les sportifs.

Post a Comment